DIGITAL DAY CAMP 2020
Theme: COVID Heroes & Surviving Isolation.
Campers in all media teams will have the opportunity to explore and project this theme through the lens of honoring frontline personnel, or the humor, truth, and/or trials of surviving isolation as they engage in creative and thought-provoking media projects. All teams will interact with one another and support each other’s progress, developing cohesive and thematically aligned material.
View student work from the 2020 Digital Day Camp on the:
The True Kids 1 Digital Day Camp is a fun way to learn new skills and digital tools, be creative and produce media that betters our world in our path to navigate a global challenge as one community.
READY TO BE A CAMPER?
Junior Campers: age 8 – 10
Senior Campers: age 11 – 18
Campers will bring science to life through animation with the LANL Foundation STEM Inquiry program. This team will focus on using Adobe Spark as an animation tool as they develop media projects focused on the Earth’s shifting environment and the global impact of humans in the time of COVID-19
LEARN PLAY CREATE
Things to know!
Check your welcome letter for the schedule!
All classes will be held over Zoom
All courses will last for 1 hour
Each student must have his/her own device (computer)
Sign up for one or more of the following media teams:
- Video Production
- Web Development & Blogging
- App development & Animation
- Journalism & Interviewing
- Social Media
- Full access to the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Publishing media projects on KNCE & KSFR Radio, here at TrueKids1.org, the True Kids 1 YouTube channel, and on Instagram @truekids1.
- All production teams led by True Kids 1 professional media mentors.
- Zoom-based camp sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for each team.
- Mentor-supervised communication via the Schoology message board.
- As an additional intriguing component to the camp, all participants will have the opportunity to explore the Radio Garden App which allows users to tune-in to any radio station on the planet.