A Celebration of Native
Music, Film and Culture
April 30 – May 2nd
Experience the music and stories of the Native artists who paved the way–and the new wave of Indigenous talent—through film, conversations and special performances. Stevie Salas, Pat Vegas, Mike Inez, PJ Vegas, Artson, Kenneth Shirley, Pamyua, Sihasin, Po.10.Cee, and special guest Dr. Joely Proudfit
The award-winning documentary RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World tells the story of a profound, essential, and until now, missing chapter in the history of American music: the Indigenous influence.
A Rocking and
* Watch the film as many times as you like
* Chat with other viewers from Native and non-Native communities throughout NM and the USA
* Webinar panel discussion with producers and musicians from the film including Pat Vegas, Dr. Joely Proudfit, and Stevie Salas
* Special performances by Native American musicians including PJ Vegas, Artson, Kenneth Shirley, Rising Appalachia, Pamyua, Sihasin, Po.10.Cee, Anakaela Trujillo – winner of the 2020 Rising Star Award at the NM Hispano Music Awards, and the San Juan Elementary Dragons – whose music video is a finalist in the 2021 NM Music Awards
* For educators – the standards-aligned TeachRock Rumble lesson plans can help you bring these stories to life in your classroom
Stay Connected with True Kids 1
Suggested Donation $10
Your contribution will allow True Kids 1 to continue to provide free media education programs for underserved youth. You can direct your donation to specific programs or to support the Native musicians who helped us rumble and rock this weekend.
RUMBLE Spotify Playlist
This playlist includes groundbreaking music by artists featured in Rumble: Link Wray, Redbone, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Salas, Charly Patton, Mildred Bailey, Buffy St. Marie and more! It also has music from some of Native artists who are sharing exclusive performance videos for our event: Sihasin, PJ Vegas, Artson, Pamyua, and Po.10.Cee.